Not ready to apply?Be notified when job openings become available.
Welcome to the York County Government Human Resources Employment Application Process.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. York County recognizes that our employees are the foundation for our success, which is why the county strives to attract and retain the best talent. Computers are accessible in the York County Government Center located at 6 South Congress Street in York and at the York County office Complex located at 1070 Heckle Boulevard in Rock Hill in the Planning & Development Customer Service Division for anyone to view our employment opportunities or to complete an online application. If you are not ready to apply, you may sign up for “notify me” option at www.yorkcountygov.com/list.aspx to be notified from our website via email when job openings become available.
Job listings are updated and posted online each Thursday.
Listed below are the steps in the applicant process:
1. To view or apply for existing vacancies - Go to www.yorkcountygov.com website and choose Job Postings or call the Job Line at 803-684-8564
2. For each position currently accepting applications there is a tab to choose if you wish to apply for that position or if you wish to view details. York County only accepts applications for positions that are currently open and accepting applications. Human Resources posts positions as requested by department directors with screening questions to gain information regarding each applicant’s education, skills or abilities to perform the position. Applicants should be thorough in the completion of the application. It is the primary tool used by hiring managers to evaluate your qualifications. Resumes are helpful, but the application should be completed in its entirety.
3. If you choose to apply, you will be prompted to create an account in the CIVIC HR application software in order to have a profile. You cannot complete the application until you have an established profile with a current e-mail address. Once the profile is created, you can continue to utilize the same profile to apply for future vacancies.
4. As soon as the application is submitted, it is viewable by the appropriate hiring manger to review. It is then up to the specific hiring manager for the position posted to evaluate the skills and education of the applicant to determine their further consideration for hire and to schedule interviews with the applicants chosen.
5. During the interview process, hiring managers have the opportunity to communicate with applicants and Human Resources staff regarding the status of applicants moving thru the application process.
6. After the hiring manager reviews, evaluates, and interviews the applicants they believe to be best suited for the position, they make their hiring choice and make notification in the CIVIC HR software to ask HR staff to begin the process of completing background checks and new-hire drug screens. This is done thru a company called Justifacts. Justifacts reaches out to the applicant via e-mail to gain the necessary personal information and to schedule the new hire drug screen. Once the successful screenings are accomplished Justifacts notifies HR staff so that a hire date may be set with the hiring manager and an enrollment meeting is set up with HR to enroll the new employee in payroll and benefits.
7. An onboarding package is then e-mailed to the new employee to allow them to view benefits and policies prior to their hire date. However, HR staff reviews all information and answers questions from newly hired employees during the enrollment meetings.
8. Newly hired employees then attend an overall employee orientation meeting within their first 60 days of hire to review in greater detail the county government structure; personnel policies, IT procedures; and Risk Management and workers compensation processes.
Based on County Ordinance 33.017 - Applicants must meet minimum qualifications of positions posted based on current job description requirements in order to be considered for hire, but any combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform job requirements may qualify as meeting minimum requirements. (This combination of education and experience option may not apply to positions which require specific certifications or educational levels as listed on their job descriptions in order to perform their job duties, i.e. engineers, attorneys, doctors, veterinarians, county manager, assistant county managers, and department heads).
-If you have applied with York County Government prior to June 6, 2018, or this is your first time applying online, you will be prompted to create an account in order to have a profile. You cannot complete an application until you have an established profile. In the future, you can use your profile information to apply for additional open positions with York County.
- Nondiscrimination Policy - It is the policy of York County Government to provide equal opportunity to all applicants for employment, and to administer hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination in regards to of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
-Request for Reasonable Accommodation - York County Government complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. If you have a disability and need accommodations in connection with the job application process, please notify the Human Resources Department at 803-684-8512 to speak to Lisa Davidson, HR Director/ADA Coordinator for assistance.
-Lastly, York County Ordinance 33.018 (A) states, that an employee who receives an original appointment shall be paid at the minimum rate for the job class covering the position. To see exemptions to this statue, please view the personnel ordinance.
Again, thank you for your interest in employment with York County Government. Human Resources is located on the third floor of the Government Center, suite 3701 should you have any questions or would like to speak with a representative. You may also call 803-684-8512 for assistance or email email@example.com
Your privacy is very important to us. We will never give your information to anyone. Period.